The other day, I read this quote by Rumi: “Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.” Well, in an effort to love where I’m at right now, I wanted to make a list of reasons why Seattle is cool. I can think of a lot of things I don’t like about Seattle but everyday I’m trying to focus on the good. I’m not saying I succeed every time, but at least I try!
- It’s green all year ’round. I can’t even imagine what it will look like in the summer!
- There are so many places and cities close by that you can drive to for a new adventure. we didn’t have that in utah–if you drove too far, you ended up in the middle of nowhere ;)
- There’s water everywhere! I plan on always living near the water for my whole life.
- seattle is super dog friendly. there are dog parks everywhere! except they’re not usually allowed on the beaches which is lame.
- there are forests at every turn. we will be on a drive and all of a sudden we are in the middle of a mossy green forest!
- we can take long showers! no drought here! although i still bug riley to not let the water run so long ;)
- the people here are not good drivers, but they are nice drivers. one time, i was at a red light and was checking the map on my phone, when i looked up and all of the cars in front of me were gone! there was still a line of cars behind me and no one even honked at me to go!
- It is home to the most delicious cookie I’ve ever eaten and I literally crave it everyday. Come visit us and I’ll buy you one!
- The air is clean and it smells like trees everywhere! Can’t complain about that.
- REAL SEAFOOD.
These are the little things that i have found that i love about seattle! i need to remember them more when i’m thinking about how miserable a week straight of grey skies and rain is ;)